Saturday, 7 February 2015
The Cap Fits
|President Goodluck Jonathan|
Consistency Courage Continuity of the Transformation Agenda. Ready to serve, lets go forward.
Here are highlights of his accomplishments:
- Nigeria became the fourth fastest growing economy in the world under the watch of President Goodluck Jonathan.
- Rehabilitation of the Western Railway Corridor.
- The Federal Government under the umbrella of President Goodluck secured investment commitments worth 4.89 Trillion Naira.
- Power to the people. Under no previous government has Nigerians enjoyed freedom of speech like it is enjoying under GEJ’s administration.
- Amid controversial circumstances, he has kept the unity of the country intact. He has not sold out the country to invading forces.
- PDP, the party GEJ bears its flag, favors free-market policies which support economic liberalism and limited government regulation. This means that there is room for you and me to thrive and accomplish our lofty dreams.
- Improvement in economic indices according to Fitch ratings, the country’s outlook updates moved from negative to stable. This is a favorable economic atmosphere which is also attractive to multinationals.
- According to internationally respected independent ratings agencies, Nigerias’ ratings were revised from stable to positive.
- The Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Bill signed into law have increased Local Content in the Oil and Gas sector. For instance the awarding of contracts to reputable Nigerian firms such as NigerDockNig. PLC, S.C.C Limited etc instead of a foreign firm for the manufacture of high pressure line pipes.
- Initiating the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) for the establishment of sub-funds for Nigeria Infrastructure Fund, Stabilization Fund and Future Generations Fund. This is a government with plans for the present and visions for the upcoming generations.
- YOUWIN is a platform for the Nigerian youths who are enterprising to come up with job creation initiatives. This is a government that gives youths the platform to shine. Competitions were set up for the brightest of the youths in a transparent process and the winners received business-start up grants between one to ten million naira.
- Foreign exchange reserves rose to the high level of $37.02bn in 21 months during GEJ’s administration.
- Women, youths and feminist advocates support Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GEJ for massively empowering women and youths by launching the Public Works Women and Youth Empowerment Program, an intervention designed to employ 370,000 youths with 30% of those jobs being reserved for women.
- Finance minister embarked on a radical economic reform program which reduced government spending, ensured the deregulation and privatization of numerous industries in Nigerian services sector notably NITEL in Nigerian telecommunications through conservative fiscal policies.
- Nigeria’s first National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) which was established to ensure that every Nigerian has access to basic health care services was initiated under the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party. The people have a right to proper health care facilities.
- Nigeria’s banking industry rescued and stabilized by the establishment of the Asset Management Company of Nigeria AMCON.
- MasterCard made Nigeria its regional headquarters for its West/East and Indian Ocean islands zone raising the profile of Nigeria’s e-commerce industry.
- Nigeria’s GDP has grown by over 7% with attestation of being the fourth fastest growing economy in the world by several multilateral bodies and trading partners.
- The revival of the Textile industry via the 150 billion Naira Textile Industry Bailout resulting in the reactivation of United Nigerian Textile Limited and the re-engagement of 2000 employees which is a massive improvement on precedence.
- As a result of this intervention in the Textile Industry and real sector, non-oil exports have increased from $200 Million to be standing at $2.3 Billion.
- He is an advocate of Religious freedom and tolerance.
PDP, power to the people